Friday, October 3, 2008

The Best of Times

18 fabulous friends, the soulfully-funky sounds of Average White Band at Seattle's best nightclub, Jazz Alley, good food, and great wine made for a happy birthday celebration, one of the best I can remember. Since there's no dance floor at this club (the one drawback), we were forced to take chair-dancing to new heights. With the first note, AWB transported me back to the 70's and 80's with the old-school sounds of Cut the Cake, Work to Do, Pick Up the Pieces, and so many more of those great oldies. It was wonderful to trip down memory lane with everyone who honored me with their presence and filled my life with so much fortune.

It would not be a celebration without lots of good wine, so it was flowing freely throughout the evening. Everything was delicious, but the standouts were two from Andrew Will, a 2006 Sangiovese from the Columbia Valley and another from his Artist Series (I never saw the label and need details from the buyer on this one). We had another good wine later at the Triple Door, but I can't remember the label--can someone who remembers post the information in the comments?

Thanks again to everyone who joined me, and especially to those who shared so generously from their wallets...completely unexpected, but greatly appreciated...you know who you are...

Love,
JJ

No comments: